Monday, April 25, 2005

Gloomy Monday

Today is gray, cloudy and rainy - perfect for a Monday. The air conditioning in the office keeps pumping icy air in, as if it was 100 degrees outside. Not a good combination. Right now, I have mixed feelings toward my warm water aquatic therapy class this afternoon. I know the warm water will feed good, but just getting to the warm water will be the challenge.

Our work pressure is getting worse each day, and I just found out my co-worker will be out sick another week. I'm glad she is taking care of her health, which she needs to do, but it makes it tough in the office. I'll be coming in to work tomorrow, for the 4th Tuesday in a row, instead of working from home as I'm supposed to. George says I should just expect to come in on Tuesdays between now and launch - then if I get to work from home, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Speaking of surprises, I received a call today from a woman I don't really know - she works in our Engineering Directorate. She is looking for an "expert" in my field to serve on a contract evaluation team, and someone gave her my name. The guy who suggested my name, I haven't worked with or even seen in over 10 years! I would be setting evaluation criteria and then reviewing proposals submitted by companies who want to perform this work for the government. It would be part time, starting in the late summer and going through the end of the year.

I'm not completely sure I want to do this (I've heard it's a thankless job) but right now anything different is appealing. I told her I'd think about it and talk with my boss.

Another cool thing today: I lost another 2 pounds this week...

3 comments:

Kathy C said...

I love the prom pictures. Thank you for sharing. I especially liked your thought about whether you would still like George.

Congrats on the weight loss, and I hope you make your aquatic class, I know you'll feel better for going.

KinnicChick said...

I like George's idea on planning on working the remaining Tuesdays until launch and looking at any Tuesdays worked from home as gravy. Good idea that...

And going back to those prom photos... That was some floral arrangement you had for your prom, Miss Kathy! :)

KathyK said...

Keri, that was the style to have in our area. Grace's nosegay was considered avant garde, as prom flowers go.

If you want to see a nice floral arrangement, I'll have to post a wedding photo. My flowers were beautiful, if I do say so myself.