Sunday, April 24, 2005

Keri dared me - and we all need a good laugh!

Keri dared us to post prom pictures, so I am. I can't find the professional pix we posed for at the prom - they are probably stuck in an old wallet somewhere in my closet. I carried them for quite some time.

I went to an all-girls Catholic school, and George attended an all-boys Catholic school. Because my school was so small, and Philadelphia was so big, we could never schedule our prom during the usual prom season because all the appropriate venues were already booked. So, guess when our Nazareth Academy Senior Prom was?

January 8, 1979! In Philadelphia! It f-ing snowed! Here's a picture of George and I (on the right) with Jay-Michael and Grace at Grace's parents house before the prom. Jay-Michael was best man at our wedding in 1984. Grace was chalked up to one of those "learning experiences" I had on friendship. Notice the stylish Harvest Gold draperies:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I had to ask George to go to my prom in December, I think it was. He countered by asking me to his prom - which wasn't until April. I remember thinking, "Who knows if I'll still like this guy in April?" But I said OK.

North Catholic's prom was on April 6, 1979. George and I were still together. I was sick as a dog and had missed school for 2 days prior, but wild horses couldn't keep me home. Here we are at my parents' house. Take note of the lovely avocado green draperies:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Good grief, where did I find those dresses? Remember, this was the height of disco fever time, much to my chagrin.

2 comments:

KinnicChick said...

Kathy, you haven't changed a bit! You look just like that girl back then - only she was a little too thin, if you ask me (and you dress better now!)... If you hadn't said it, I was going to say, "Wow, you sure can tell it was the middle of Disco days!" Now I'm going to run down and get mine. :) I'll post the sophomore photo. That's the worst/best of the bunch... heh!

And the slight bit of wallpaper under that harvest gold (snickering) draperies in the first photo? We had some almost identical in my folks' house. :) Memories!!!

KinnicChick said...

And BTW, George??? Is absolutely adorable... You MUST share more photos of him with us, Kath. No wonder you've been hiding him. :)