Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Venting (Yet Again)

My boss, ya gotta love him. Not.

Sunday afternoon he sent an e-mail to a cast of thousands, telling them to send all their data on open work - to me! Not a word to me about what I'm supposed to do with all this data, or why me. Monday he says to me, chuckling, "Did you see what I did to you yesterday?" I wanted to punch him. This is data that was discussed at a meeting that my boss and my supervisor both attended - and I didn't.

Today's e-mail takes the cake. He tells me I need to prepare the Deputy Program Manager's briefing for the Flight Readiness Review (this is a big deal). A guy in Florida has been assembling and tracking all the data for this topic for the past 2 years. My boss says that the DPM thinks that the Florida guy "is maxed out" so he didn't want to burden him with this task. I have no doubt that my boss volunteered me for the job.

If Curt is maxed out, what am I? Relaxed? Bored? Twiddling my thumbs?

Besides, I'm going to have to get all the data and all the background information from Curt anyway! This is not normally the kind of task that I do, either.

Frustration abounds. As usual.

I need to win the lottery tonight.

2 comments:

Kathy C said...

Don't forget - you can't win if you don't play. Buy a couple of tickets Kath. Sounds like you need the windfall.

KinnicChick said...

Did you win? Did anyone? Is it a big pot right now? Will it be for Saturday? If so, seeing as how I need to win too, I'll also buy a couple and we'll double our chances and I'll share with you if I win.

Hugs hunny-bunny.