Well, it's official - we won't be launching the Shuttle until July now.
I am filled with a lot of conflicting feelings. First of all, I'm proud to know that our leaders had the guts to say, no, we're not ready. We have new data that needs to be understood before we let people risk their lives. I'm also relieved - the pressure at work, with 3 weeks to go until launch, was getting pretty overwhelming.
But I also feel like I've been punched in the stomach. I'm disappointed. We've all been working so hard, and we could almost see the finish line. The hope that things would soon get back to normal (whatever normal is) has been dashed.
This, too, shall pass.
Maybe I'll rediscover a life outside work!
P.S. - Katie - I'll be finding out if I am sensitive to different foods by adding them back into my diet gradually over the coming weeks. What I've discovered from the past 2.5 weeks is: the way I was eating was causing my blood sugar to fluctuate wildly, adding to the energy and fatigue problems I already have from the fibromyalgia. So far, I have not had any instances of feeling like I was going to pass out if I didn't eat something immediately. I used to experience that all the time. I am not very hungry and as a consequence, I am eating less. I would have never believed this was true if I had not done this experiment. I am not going on a low-carb diet per se, but I am going to watch how different foods affect my energy level.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope your are enjoying your flowers, or that you will be tonight and tomorrow.
I saw on GMA this morning that the launch would be postponed and my first thought was of you. I hoped it would make your load easier.
I also met a lady last night with fybermyolgia (sp?) at WW. She seemed exhausted and in pain. I tried to tell her what I could about the diet you were on. I just wanted to hug her and tell her someone understands, but I don't think she would have been to receptive.
Enjoy your Saturday and what ever foods you get to add back in!
I don't know quite what to say, Kathy. I'm sorry but I'm relieved that they are taking their time and doing what needs to be done. :(
Hugs to you, my friend. It does postpone your stress - drags it out. *sigh*
Post a Comment