Tomorrow is Friday - and I don't have to work Saturday! Whatever shall I do?
I will likely go grocery shopping, to buy some new food that I haven't been allowed to eat for the past 2.5 weeks. My appointment with my nutrition doctor is tomorrow at 4, and I'm trying to guess which food group I'll be permitted to add to my diet. Wheat, dairy, I don't care. I'm just pretty bored with eating the same old stuff - I haven't had time to plan the nice meals I had hoped to create.
Since I have lost 5 (count 'em - 5) pounds since being on this diet, I'm not eager to add too much quantity wise. But I am craving a few items - like chocolate, and pasta, and soft, warm rolls. Mmmm....
If you check some of the news sources on line, you'll read that my agency is considering moving the Shuttle launch date a bit later. I'm not spilling any beans here, since it is already published. In fact, my bosses are in a meeting right now, discussing the options. It will help the immediate stress level of my work in the near term, but it just stretches out the pain over a longer time. Today, everyone's energy level was noticeably lower - we've all been running on adrenaline because the "end" was in sight. Now, they might be moving that goal line out further. That has both good and bad implications.
I hope we all can take a vacation immediately after they make their decision. If they decide to move it. Which I have no idea whether they will do. I have my suspicions (sp?) however.
This may mean that I can forgive my boss a little bit for yesterday's excitement and anguish. Just a little, though.
I think I may buy myself some fresh flowers on my way home from work. Yeah, that's the idea!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your job sounds so stressful-- but so exciting, putting people up in space...I'd go nuts under all of that deadling pressure.
Five pounds down! That's great! :) Have you discovered any intolerances yet, or is that in the weeks ahead?
Post a Comment