Saturday, April 02, 2005

A Long Week

It's the weekend - yay!

I had a long, very frustrating week at work. Lots of aggravations (people) early in the week, and then I had a meeting from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday. We did take a lunch break, but sitting in that conference room chair for all those hours was like torture. Then we resumed the meeting on Friday from 9 to 11:30 to finish up.

Fortunately, I have an appointment for a massage this afternoon - and boy, do I need it. I can't wait.

One good thing is: next week, all the managers will be in Florida for a big 3-day meeting, so I won't have any meetings to cover back here in Houston. I'm thinking about taking off on Wednesday and Thursday and taking my mom somewhere - maybe a little trip to the Hill Country west of here to view the gorgeous wildflowers. Wednesday would have been my Dad's 68th birthday, and Mom turns 69 on Thursday. It's strange for me to realize that she is almost 70 years old - she really doesn't seem to be that old to me. Then again, it boggles my mind to think that I'm 43!

No comments: