As you can tell from reading my recent posts, I've had a very busy week. In between all this stuff, I've had work and house tasks, and a 2-day training course at work. Today I had an intense board meeting from 9 until 1:30.
I got off work early to go to Podunk College to purchase my very expensive texts (see post below). I was so glad to get home, shuck my work clothes and put on a nice cool tank dress (perfect for lounging but not something I would wear out of the house).
My darling husband is off from work today and spirited my mom out for lunch and a drive to the casinos in Lake Charles, Louisiana, a 2.5 hour drive away from here.
Just as I was getting comfortable and Emma was settling down on my boobs (she thinks they provide the perfect perch), the phone rang. Caller ID says it's George's cell. Wow, I think, maybe he hit the jackpot!!!
K: Hello?
G: Guess what I did. (Not a hint of excitement, so a less than promising opening.)
K: I dunno, what?
G: I locked my keys in the truck.
K: You're shitting me.
G: No.
K: Where are you?
G: We're at Harrah's in Lake Charles.
K: Are you shitting me?
G: I shit you not! I went back to the truck to get my card out of the glove compartment and laid my keys on the seat.
K: You mean I have to drive over there to bring you keys? If you are messing with me, you'd better stop.
G: I'll call a locksmith.
K: You're not shitting me!
G: Let me see if I can get a locksmith. I'll call you back.
K: OK. I gotta get some coffee if I'm gonna drive to Louisiana and back tonight.
Waiting for the call now.....
Update: A locksmith was located, called, arrived within 10 minutes, opened the truck within 3 minutes and only charged $15.95!
Calling a locksmith: $15.95
Not being gouged at a casino/not having to make a 5 hour round trip drive after work: Priceless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is the funniest post I've read since Keri's time on the lawn mower. I love the "you're shitting me." KathyK, I really do love this new side of you. Yeh, I know, it's not new...but it's new to me.
Glad Emma likes her perch. Trooper likes mine, too. Kneads and kneads and kneads. I guess squishy parts of the body are okay to some.
Thank God Emma did not have to get up.
Yesterday I was at work and one of our secretaries dropped by. She is on her vacation, but was out and about with her 2 year old son. She had him in her arms. We were chatting. The entire time he had his hand on her breast and was kneading it. All I could think of was cats. And how I was so glad she was done breastfeeding or we would have had a real mess...sorry....too much information...but we're all females here...
Post a Comment