Monday, August 29, 2005

Back To School!

Tonight is my first Chemistry class meeting, and I look forward to it with trepidation and excitement. George says I thrive when I'm learning something new and being challenged, and he is right. I don't want the challenge to be insurmountable, though.

Last night when I was packing my bag with work stuff, books, snacks, pens, class schedule/location guide, I was remembering all those many September night-before-school scenarios I experienced, with those same emotions of fear and excitement.

Where I grew up, school always started right after Labor Day. Labor Day Weekend was the clear marker for the End of Summer, and the beginning of the school year. Around here, kids go back to school mid-August, so Labor Day holds almost no significance for most people. Of course, we have a 3-day weekend for work, but I'll be spending all day Saturday at my first Biology class meeting. I think I will enjoy having next Monday to sleep in!

I'm so excited to be a student again - I'm such a nerd.

No comments: