Monday, August 22, 2005

Suggestions, anyone?

I desperately need a remedy for, um, flatulence/methane release in a small kitten.

Instead of Emma, we should have named her Chicago - The Windy Kitty.

(Credit for that line goes to Darby Conley, author of the cartoon Get Fuzzy. It's disconcertingly appropriate.)

This may be a result of Emma eating Gracie's "adult cat" food. Once Emma found the tasty kibble, she would not touch the kitten chow. I thought about putting down only kitten food, but Gracie is already overweight (takes after her Mama) and doesn't need the extra calories of the kitten food.

I'll have to ask the vet about this problem when we see her next week.

(BTW, Emma has been wormed so that's not the problem).

Update: I had to edit this post because my comments were getting filled up with spam. I must have used the magic words - I've never had spam comments before. I've also temporarily added a verification step for leaving a comment, to try to keep the spam to a minimum. Sorry for the inconvenience.

3 comments:

frog said...

One of my kittens had terrible gas--apparently, she grew out of it, because I hadn't really remembered it until a friend pointed me to this entry.

Hideous though it was, it was also short-lived.

Anonymous said...

Had the exact same thing happen to my Barney. His flatulence problem was due to sudden changes in his diet.

He's skinny....our Trooper is fat. It's hard to separate the food from them. The I saw a commercial for Iam's Multicat catfood (dry) that addresses the problems of a skinny cat vs. fat cat. My Veterinarian said to try it, so we are.

The premise is that it builds muscle tone in the skinny cat and slims down the fat cat.

Neither one of the boys are complaining. At least, they stopped licking Lucky's face and smelling her breath after she eats.

Time will tell...

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what to do about this, but it ties in with the photo of Sassy and the blurb about being blamed for such things...