Friday, August 19, 2005

Sticker Shock

I purchased my textbooks and lab workbooks for my 2 courses this afternoon.

The total was more than half of my tuition bill!!

Granted, tuition at Podunk College is really low. And I always knew science texts were pricey. But holy mackerel, I nearly fainted when they rang up the book bill!

I was reading my copy of Chemistry for Dummies last night. It frightened me, making me think I'm at a lower comprehension level than a dummy. I'll be digging into my texts this weekend. Either I'll find confirm my dunce-ness or receive some encouragement. I'm hoping for encouragement, but I wouldn't bet on it.

You paid HOW much for those books?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Don't you know how much kibble that would buy??? - Emma

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee, great photo.

In Turkey where a lot of the students' family's make about $200 a month, you can imagine the problem when they hit college. Hello my friend Mr. Photocopier...