Our cafeteria has been taken over by a new contractor, and they spiffed up the appearance and offer a wider variety of foods. I guess one of the complaints about the previous operator was that everything was b-l-a-n-d. To address this situation, everything in the new menu is spicy.
Now, I love spices and herbs. I cook with copious amounts of both. We don't have a spice rack, or even a spice shelf - we have a spice cabinet.
Unfortunately, many people in this region equate "flavor" with "burn out your taste buds with hot sauce and peppers." My stomach has been bothering me lately, so I tried to select an item at the cafeteria that would be kind to my tummy.
Hmm...turkey tetrazzini should be a decent choice. Pasta, bland turkey, cream of mushroom soup, a few breadcrumbs thrown on top - how bad could it be?
This is the first tetrazzini I've tasted that had cayenne pepper as the main flavor. Ay yi yi!
The best part? One shred of turkey. One. About the width of a spaghetti noodle and 1/3 as long.
I've got to start packing my lunch!
Adding to my indigestion: I finally pried some information out of our Human Resources department about what degrees/courses will qualify me for the elusive AST ranking.
I might be able to complete everything before I retire, but maybe not.
I'm still gonna go for it, and see if there are any workarounds.
And take a Tums.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like my mom's house. She would put hot peppers in her toothpaste if she could figure out to get it into the tube.
Post a Comment