I've been thinking about my life lately, and how I need to get some balance.
Today is a holiday from work, and it really has me pondering how I want to proceed. My job is pretty much going to stay the same, so do I want to change how I approach it, how much energy I spend on it?
School - I love it, but I am struggling to spend the appropriate amount of time and energy on it, too.
Family - George and I spend a good amount of time together, but not always quality time. I never spend enough time with my Mom, but I probably will never feel like I do.
Me - I am neglecting myself. My health and well-being. Because I am always so tired and brain-drained, I waste time on "relaxing" mind-numbing activities and never find the energy to exercise or set aside time for meditation or just reading or something fun. I tune out with on-line reading, playing games, and stuff like that. I just realized how much time I waste like that. I tell myself I'm relaxing or unwinding, but I'm withdrawing and numbing myself in the same way an alcoholic uses tequila. I'm running away.
Today I had off from work. I finally got enough sleep last night (it has been months - I'm seeing my doctor on Tuesday about it again). I had a cup of coffee and read the paper on the patio in the sunshine. I puttered around my plants. I listened to the birds, including a slightly off-course seagull. I took the time to prepare fresh fruit for breakfast. It was a little slice of heaven.
I enjoy my job. I am enjoying going to school and excited about the career change my studies are preparing me for down the line. But I need to find ways to stop and enjoy Life.
If I don't make the time to get my physical and spiritual life together, I'll never have the energy or the time to do that.
Now I just have to figure out what changes I need to make, to make this happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Um.
KathyK?
I think this might be the source of your dream.
Post a Comment