Wednesday, November 08, 2006

What Not to Wear (to Work, or Anywhere)

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am no fashionista. I'm not into following the latest trends, or being perfectly groomed. (See my French manicure post below for an idea of my fussiness over this kind of thing).

But, I do have an understanding of appropriate clothing and style at the very least.

At my place of employment, there is a wide variety in the level of dress for women. The men vary from pocket protector wearers, to those who would rather be wearing pocket protectors but their wives forbid it and match up some dockers, shirt, optional tie, and shoes for them.

The women's fashion have a much wider range. There are a few (very few) ladies who wear suits, hose and heels almost every day. There are some who go as casual as they dare on Monday-Thursday, and then interpret casual Friday to mean "wear whatever you would put on to clean the garage."

Most of us fall between the two extremes.

Today, I saw something that went beyond anything I had seen before.

I caught sight of a woman entering the building in a skirt suit. A black-red-white check skirt suit. Not a tiny glen-plaid check. These were big honkin' red, black and white checks. All over the jacket, and all over the skirt. It was horrendous. I would have snapped a pic with my phone but I was afraid it would burn out the pixels.

Now, how would you accessorize such a grandiose statement of "style?" Pumps, maybe of a solid color of some sort?

Noooooooo.......the lady in question was wearing



red and black cowboy boots!!!!

I cannot begin to imagine the thought process that went into selecting that outfit.

Maybe she's been in a deep, deep sleep and didn't realize that Halloween was last week.

I didn't even need a cup of coffee to wake me up after seeing that vison of loveliness! Yikes!

1 comment:

Kathy Howe said...

It is always interesting how people describe themselves. When I met you I thought you had a very classy style.