Have you ever known a person who has no earthly clue as to what is urgent and what isn't? Somewhere in their makeup, they are missing the ability to discern between Big Deal things and Not So Big Deal things?
Don't they just drive you crazy?
Aren't you glad you don't work for one, like I do?
I could share with you my tales of woe from today (they are many). All involved urgent calls (leaving messages while I was in the doctor's office! And he knew where I was!) over inconsequential details that could be handled days from now.
He has no filter - everything is life-and-death urgent. When I didn't respond to an e-mail in 2 minutes - seriously, 2 fucking minutes - he e-mailed a guy who works for me to see if he knew the answer.
God help me if he ever forces me to get a Blackberry. Laptop and cell phone make me waaaayyy too accessible already.
I think one of the piranhas in my dream (see below) looked alot like Boss Man. A very strong resemblance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yep. This almost describes my daughter perfectly. She is almost, but not quite, that bad. She will text me and if I do not respond within moments, she texts me again with, "Hello? Are you there?" and soon after with something similar.
And a couple of weeks ago she was really stressing at dance class to nearly the point of tears. When I talked to her about it afterwards and pointed out to her that dance class is our fun thing and she was getting all worked up about a step because she wasn't getting it immediately... I was trying to point out that it was such a little thing compared to say, a final exam (also pretty small, but in her world, a bit more important) and she said that she doesn't have the ability to differentiate between one thing and another. ALL stressers are the same. JUST STRESS.
I am not quite sure how to help her on that one at this point. *sigh*
Tonight she was getting really bent at tap again and she finally came up to me and said, "I just decided that I have to relax." I was so relieved! I don't know if it helped her, but I'm glad she chose to approach it that way.
Post a Comment