Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving Deferred

My poor husband caught my cold over the weekend, depsite all our precautions. Except he got it worse - way worse - than me. Poor guy. He is really wrung out.

Mom and I decided it would be no fun to cook all that food when he is dopey, sneezy, and can't taste anything. So, we are doing Turkey dinner on Friday. Or Saturday. But not on Sunday because that's my birthday and I am going out to dinner. Hopefully, he will feel well enough to join me!

Today, I am thankful that we have the freedom and flexibility to do whatever makes sense to us, for celebrating the holidays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So is that turkey all dressed up with nowhere to go? (sorry, couldn't resist) I've got two apple pies in the oven, that's enough Thanksgiving for me. We're ordering pizza!