Friday, November 24, 2006

Thankful

It may be a day later than most of the U.S., but we celebrated a nice quiet Thanksgiving today. The patient has improved, although his cold is still hanging on a bit. He was feeling so bad on Wednesday that he actually consented to take (gasp!) cold medication!!! He will normally only take Tylenol or Motrin - or Jack Daniels. Not at the same time, fortunately.

We stuffed Birdzilla and cooked him up. Fresh sage is so good! When I get tired of turkey in a few days, I will cook up some ravioli with butter and sage - yum!

Mom brought over side dishes, rolls and pie. We had a relaxing, enjoyable day.

I am so thankful that my husband and my parents have always gotten along so well. I makes life so much easier. My husband treated my father with such respect and tenderness during his cancer battle that it made me love him even more, if that was possible.

I am also thankful that we live 1600 miles away from his family, too. At this time of year, I hear horror stories from friends about the stress of spending holidays with their families. And if we lived closer to G's family, I would be joining in wholeheartedly. I do have horror stories from years past when we tried to travel there for the holidays. The last time was so bad, we swore - no more travelling on the holidays. They think it's because of the horror of holiday air travel, etc.

We'll just let them keep on thinking that. *wink*

1 comment:

KinnicChick said...

birdzilla... heh. *snort*