Friday, November 03, 2006

This Week Was A Month Long, I Think

Gosh, this weekend has taken a long time getting here! It seems like everyone I talk with/read has had a lengthy struggle of one sort or another this week. TGIF indeed.

For the record, I think I have the best husband in the world. He is by no means perfect (some days, he drives me crazy) but he is truly perfect for me.

I had to work very late last night (we are beginning the crunch of work that precedes the 12/7 launch). I was stuck in a meeting all day, so I had to share my good test results with him via e-mail only.

When I finally dragged my tired, burnt-out self in the door, he had dinner in the oven, a bottle of cabernet opened and breathing, and a vase full of flowers waiting for me.

Just because. Just because he knew I was scared and now I was relieved. Just because he loves me.

If anyone wonders if true love can last through 22 years of marriage, I can tell you it doesn't last - it gets deeper.

Life is beautiful. It's not easy, it's not for wimps. But it is wondrous, in the trials and the triumphs.

3 comments:

KinnicChick said...

Oh dear. That makes me feel happy all over. Hurray George!

Hugs and Smooches to both of you. I'm so very happy! :)

Kathy Howe said...

OMD! This is one of the GREATEST posts I have read in a LONG LONG time!

Warm fuzzies everywhere! :)

Anonymous said...

Indeed it is.